Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Celebrates National Margarita Day on February 22, 2011
On Tuesday, February 22nd, America will celebrate National Margarita Day, and there will be no better place to take part in the festivities than Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville locations across the US.
While the margarita may have been created in 1948 on the hillsides of Acapulco, it wasn't perfected until Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville opened in Key West restaurant in the 1980's.
Back by popular demand, as part of this year's celebration, Margaritaville restaurants are encouraging their Facebook fans to participate their second annual margarita recipe contest by submitting their favorite recipes. The favorite concoctions will be determined and selected by the restaurant executive staff and will be served on National Margarita Day at all Jimmy Buffett restaurant locations in the US. To become a fan on Facebook: Margaritaville | Facebook. Fans can also help spread the word and countdown the days until National Margarita Day by going to the Margaritaville website or Facebook page and sharing the page on their personal webpage or favorite social networking site.
Throughout the day, each location will also be offering distinctive Margarita specials, in addition to providing any patrons who are celebrating a 2/22 birthday with a $22.20 gift certificate to use during their visit. Individuals that are celebrating a 2/22/1922 birthday will receive complimentary food and beverage throughout the entire day!
Lastly, any guests whose name is Margarita or Rita will receive a complimentary bottle of Margaritaville Margarita Mix, simply by showing identification at the restaurant.
Interesting Margarita Facts:
* As a Guinness Book Record holder in 2001, Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in Orlando held a 9 year record for the largest Margarita ever concocted at an astounding 7038 gallons
* On average, Americans consume 185,000 margaritas per hour
* Over 4 million margaritas are served annually in Margaritaville restaurants
* At Margaritaville, Margaritas 'on the rocks' beat out their frozen sibling 60/40
* The Margaritaville way to drink a Margarita, Salt always beats out No Salt
* Margaritaville Las Vegas sells more Margaritas than any other Margaritaville location with an estimated 1 million Margarita's served annually
* The first frozen margarita machine was invented in 1971 using soft-serve ice cream machine technology. In 2006, Margaritaville debuted The Frozen Concoction Maker, introducing shave and blend technology to home users.
Tags for this Thread