No, this record has nothing to do with the millennium, the meaning of life, or the price of tea in china. Hell, I can’t even call it a CD, or an MP3 file. To me, a collection of song will always be records. In many ways my failure to adopt the technically correct terms of the day happily brands me as a hopeless romantic. We have been making records for a long time, and we have been on the road for a long time, and one of the great joys in keeping this beat moving, is that we have put a lot of water and time in our wake. Some crewmembers have come and gone, but many are still here. The passenger list is more interesting and larger than it has ever been, and their uniforms maintain a tradition of defying good taste. On earlier voyages, we ran at a lot faster speed and stopped at a thousand ports along the way.
These days, however, we just play Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. When our ship comes in, the party begins. If angst is your diet and serious thought is your idea of recreation, then PLEASE DON’T BUY THIS RECORD. But, if you like the beach, need some escapism and like to laugh, stomp and dance, then you have come to the right spot. And, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. For the past year, we have played the background music to the lives of a lot of happy people, and okay so we did utilize some hot dog technology and recorded the whole experience. Hell, there are even pictures on this record. But, it really is a little reminder of what goes on in the mythical land of Margaritaville every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Night, and how much fun we have all had together.
– Jimmy Buffett, Nantucket Island. September 13th, 1999. This record is for the Parrotheads
1. Fruitcakes – December 8, 1998 in Orlando, FL
2. Southern Cross – September 2, 1999 in Mansfield, MA
3. Pencil Thin Mustache – December 8, 1998 in Orlando, FL ĺŽźĺ¸–ĺś°ĺť€: Jimmy Buffett Info http://www.buffettinfo.com/live-tuesdays-thursdays-saturdays/3737-00-jimmy-s-note-recording-locations.html#post4609
4. Trying to Reason With Hurricane Season – December 4, 1998 in West Palm Beach, FL
5. Coconut Telegraph – August 19, 1999 in Cincinnati, OH
6. Cheeseburger in Paradise – August 31, 1999 in Hartford, CT
7. Come Monday – March 4, 1999 in Orlando, FL
8. Son of a Son of a Sailor – June 12, 1999 in Manassas, VA
9. Volcano – August 19, 1999 in Cincinnati, OH
10. Brown Eyed Girl – July 15, 1999 in Indianapolis, IN
11. Tin Cup Chalice – December 4, 1998 in West Palm Beach, FL
12. Fins – September 2, 1999 in Mansfield, MA
13. One Particular Harbour – December 4, 1998 in West Palm Beach, FL
14. Margaritaville (Lost Verse Included) – September 2, 1999 in Mansfield, MA
15. Love and Luck – February 20, 1999 in Nashville, TN
This is Jimmy’s third live album, and the first ever album released on Jimmy’s label, Mailboat Records
The terms Jimmy Buffett, Margaritaville, Parrot Head(s), Parrothead(s), Parrot Head Club, Parrothead Club and PHC are registered trademarks of Margaritaville Inc. This site is not directly affiliated with Jimmy Buffett, Margaritaville.com, or Radio Margaritaville.